North Little Rock is a private, two-year institution sponsored by the African Methodist Episcopal Church and providing private education. It is home to the University of Arkansas, Arkansas State University and the Arkansas Institute of Technology. North LittleRock is home to the US Air Force's Research Laboratory (UFRL) and has the capability to operate unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).
North Little Rock Middle School is divided into two separate schools: North Little Rock Elementary School and NorthLittle Rock High School. North Little Rock has two higher education institutions: Shorter College, which has been based in Argenta since 1897, and Arkansas State University, which moved to the city in 1976. In 2007, the University of Arkansas in Arkansas and the Arkansas Institute of Technology (UART) partnered with the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU).
Argenta High School, built in 1912, was designed by the famous architect George R. Mann and became a Junior High School. It was completed in 1873 and connected North Little Rock with the campus of Arkansas State University at Fort Smith, heralding the development of Argentina, which had been an important rail link since the late 1870s. The area remained unincorporated for nearly a century until it was annexed by the British in 1924, giving the North Koreans a voice in the matter. It was then annexed again in 1946, increasing the population from 21,137 in 1940 to 39,552 in 1948 in a special census.
On February 6, 1904, Hoxie v. Walnut Ridge was upheld by the state Supreme Court, and North Little Rock officially took control of the 8th District on February 23. Three days later, with the governor's proclamation, North Little Rock became Arkansas' second largest city after Fort Smith and the largest city in the United States.
In January 1906, North Little Rock changed its name to Argenta and renamed itself North Little Rock, and in October 1917, the city returned to NorthLittle Rock. The city had adopted Argenta as its name in 1906 and changed it to North Little Rock in 1908 after the merger of Fort Smith and Fort Collins, Colorado. Some complained about the lack of services Argentina provided in the 1890s and early 1900s. In 1906 it took the name "Arista," and in April 1909 it changed its name to "Arista" following a lawsuit by the American Civil Liberties Union of Arkansas against the City of North Arkansas and the Arkansas State Building Authority of North Big Rock.
In 1890, Little Rock annexed Argenta and adjacent territory, making it part of the city of North Arkansas, but took legal action. In 1904, the Arkansas Supreme Court approved the city's annexation to the 8th District, and in 1905, in its lawsuit against North Big Rock, it ruled in favor of Argentina. The city is considered the modern city of Little Rock in the south of the country, with the exception of a small part of its land in the ninth district. On July 1, 1906, it annexed the unincorporated Argentine community to its city, to pre-empt a competing petition for the incorporation of Argentina.
The legislation, known as the Hoxie Walnut Ridge Act, was enacted in 1903 and surprised Little Rock politicians because of its statewide impact: every city and town within a mile had the ability to annex parts of each other. Later in 1902, the mayor of LittleRock and the councilmen of North Big Rock conspired with a hand-picked group of legislators to pass the Hoxies and Walnuts Ridge Act, which would have evidently allowed only two cities in northeastern Arkansas to consolidate.
The North Side Junction is an important campground for the Arkansas River and its tributaries, and on the North Side is the large Little Rock - Arkansas State Park. In 1865 he also tried to sell a planned urban property called Quapaw, but this dream was washed away in the flood of 1840. He sold a few properties along the Arkansas River, but none to his son-in-law, John D. Hoxie.
The Baring Cross Bridge, named after his father-in-law John D. Hoxie, was built in 1864 and opened to rail, wagon and foot traffic, making it the first permanent bridge on the Arkansas River.
In January 1905, Baring Cross, which had been incorporated in 1896, became part of North Little Rock by voluntary annexation. On July 1, 1908, the neighboring area was incorporated as the Town of South North Little Rock, while the eighth district was recaptured by LittleRock.
After a few tricks, he gave in in 1901 and led the founding of the North Little Rock City Council, the first of its kind in Arkansas, from 1901 to 1904.
The railway and farming community of Baring Cross, named after a bridge, was incorporated in 1896 as West Argenta. In January 1905, it voted to join North Little Rock, and secret plans to reannex Argentina grew among the residents of the North Side who never wanted to be part of Little Rock. Levy named Morris Levy, a prominent Argentine merchant, when his son - in 1946 - voluntarily annexed North Big Rock and his family's property.